SOUTHERN AND EAST AFRICA
VIRTUAL REAL-TIME INTERACTIVE WEB-BASED COURSES
Gauteng, North West, Free State, Western, Eastern and Northern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga and Limpopo Provinces and other Southern and East African Countries
Nature Wild Mushroom Identification
The following three options are available:
- Wild Mushroom Identification
- Mushroom Walk Practical
- Wild Mushroom Identification + Mushroom Walk Practical
You buy and enjoy cultivated and wild mushrooms, but too scared to pick your own. Or pick and enjoy a few wild mushrooms species but would prefer to broaden your knowledge. Why not get a bit more adventurous? Step out of your comfort zone. Get the knowledge!
WILD MUSHROOM IDENTIFICATION
DATE AND DURATION
- Friday 4 June and Sunday 6 June 2021
- Virtual real-time Wild Mushroom Identification course participants should be available from 09h00 to 12h00 on both course days, allowing sufficient time for an introduction, a 30 minute halftime break and a wrap-up session
- The Academy is based in the SAST/CAT (Cape Town) = GMT/UTC+2 time zone
- Zoom video / audio
- Supporting information via e-mail, attached PDF, XLSX and JPG documents
- Access to laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone with applicable camera, microphone and speakers
- Browser or downloaded free version of the Zoom app
- Reliable internet connection and
- Set of ear / headphones to minimise disturbance in co-sharing environments and to avoid voice echoing in the meeting
- 09h00: Introduction
- 09h15 - 10h15: Session one (60 minutes)
- 10h15 - 10h45: Halftime break
- 10h45 - 11h45: Session two (60 minutes)
- 11h45 - 12h00: Summary
MUSHROOM WALK PRACTICAL
DATE, LOCATION AND DURATION
Jonkershoek Nature Reserve location
- Saturday 5 June 2021
- Mushroom walk times are from 07h30 to 09h30 (location: Jonkershoek Nature Reserve Entrance, Stellenbosch), followed by the
- Post-mushroom walk breakfast from 10h00 to 11h30 at the Postcard Café, Stark-Condé Wines, Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch
INCLUDED IN MUSHROOM WALK FEE
- Entrance fee and permit to Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, Stellenbosch
- Educational discussion with mycologist, Dr Adriaan Smit
- Post-mushroom walk breakfast at the Postcard Café, Stark-Condé Wines, Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch
ADDITIONAL MUSHROOM WALK INFORMATION
- Focus will be on education
- Supervised children, the elderly, and those with special needs / requirements are most welcome to attend
- You are reminded to bring a raincoat and umbrella
- All participants will meet at 07h30 at the entrance to the Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, Stellenbosch. If running late, please send a text message to 0827498553
- An Academy representative will sign the entry permit on your behalf, thus please take note of the following: By registering I hereby agree that neither Cape Connoisseur Champignons (Pty) Ltd nor Jonkershoek Nature Reserve / Western Cape Nature Conservation Board / MTO Forestry (Pty) Ltd / Cape Nature / Cape Pine (Pty) Ltd and or its shareholders and or its employees and or agents and or its successors in title shall be liable for any damage, cost (including legal cost), loss, theft, injury (and claims for injury), accident, sickness, loss of life, or any other misfortune by any person, associated with this educational wild mushroom identification and mushroom walk & foray event, however caused; All persons entering this conservation area and using its facilities, do so entirely at their own risk; Right of admission is reserved. Smoking / making of fire is strictly prohibited. Dogs and cats are not allowed.
Currency: South African Rand ZAR for EFT payments, no hidden costs applicable. This is the preferred cost effective payment option for South Africans. To access the bank detail, please scroll down past the card option payment sections.
EURO for PayPal, debit or credit card payments, additional standard card and exchange rate costs might be applicable. Make a convenient electronic payment with either your credit or debit card using the safe and secure PayPal payment gateway. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT a prerequisite to the above-mentioned card payments.
The rate indicated is per person attending.
Past the registration and payment deadline? Please email or SMS to enquire about availability.